1 cup milk
1/4 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sugar to sweeten, if necessary.
1. Pour the milk into a pan and let heat, on medium or low heat.
2. Dissolve the cornstarch in a small amount of water.
3. Add the cornstarch to the pan.
4. Once the cornstarch is added, let the milk simmer.
5. Just before the milk starts to boil, remove from heat.
6. Add the chocolate chips and whisk until it is melted.
7. Put back on the heat for a minute and let the mixture thicken.
8. Taste, and if sugar is needed to sweeten, add and let dissolve.
9. Serve immediately.
Makes one mug of hot chocolate. Can top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup or good old fashioned marshmellows.
I absolutely love this recipe. I tried it a few months ago for my sisters and myself and we loved it. It was decadent and rich and just right!
Can totally picture drinking this on a cold night, snuggled up on the couch or by the fireplace.
Great recipe for the kids too!
Signing off for now,